Sunday, April 11, 2010

On The Street Where I Live -OR- Something In The Water?

WGN Radio in Chicago. Wally Philips' "People Place", is currently seeking submissions to fill yet another void down in Springfield. The legislature recently
voted to NOT pay for a portrait of infamous, unrepentant, twice-fired bon vivant and man about town Milorad R. Blagojevich.

One of my neighbors was moved by the plea and offered up two renderings.




I immediately thought of Driftglass' timely P-chop gallery of Blago-ness that deserve inclusion in the contest, but being a good neighbor, I will only mention it here, without linkage, to give Marc's work half a chance.

The WGN Contest submissions can be viewed here.

I like Marc's work, but I have to admit that the submission I would love to see hung in Springfield is this minimalist uncredited work.

No comments: