Friday, December 19, 2008

Money in my hand -OR- BOHICA&A&A&A&A&A&A&A


Although it's been said, many times, many ways....



What the Hell did you do with the $20 I gave you YESTERDAY?

Seriously?~?!?! Pissed it away didja? Spent it didja? Well, okay, shit happens.
So for what do you need THIS $20? Howzzat? You still owe from yesterday's binge?
Hmmm, I see. And if you don't come up with the $20 a bunch of bad things will happen?

Do I look like a fuckin' ATM?

Not to brag or anything, but I've never had this conversation with either of my kids.
They know what a dollar is, where a dollar comes from and that when it's gone, it's gone for good.

I guess that makes me a bad father. Since the rest of the world, seemingly, no longer works that way, my kids are at a distinct disadvantage. We consciously chose NOT to enter that world. We felt strongly that "strong revenue growth" was a euphemism for sticking the next guy with the bill. Living within one's means isn't all that difficult. When the bills are paid and the necessities are covered, NOT blowing the rest on fleeting pleasures is the name of the game because rainy days happen.

Ignoring reality does not make it go away. So how does that become MY problem?

No comments: