Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Non-injection Molded Creepy Crawlers -OR- Cyberfan(s)?

"Trying to make some sense of it all
but I can see that it makes no sense at all.
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
I don’t think that I can take anymore." -Gerry Rafferty

I've passed the peak. Over the hump. Free-falling no more.
The sun did come up somewhere this morning. Didn't it?
It's shining somewhere and it'll shine here too...eventually.
I think I can take some more. Some previously untapped reservoir of flat-out stubbornness no doubt.

Life's too short to deal with assholes, but deal with them we must.
I presently seem to be coping with more than my share. That must mean that somebody, somewhere is enjoying a brief respite. You're welcome. I won't bore you with details beyond a few that might amuse you.

Somebody has found me deserving of a Facebook parody(?). That's right, someone created a persona on FB exagerating a few of my known meat-world interests and habits into an unflattering avatar on FB. He or she has also created similar avatars for nine other people and has them post to each other's walls. Creep factor: Eleventy.

Slightly less creepy than when he was posting unhinged rantings in random blog comments or one-person flash mobbing an obscure website in England, but still creepy.
I'm actually so glad that I annoy this person so much. Someday he/she may heed his/her doctor's advice and stay on his/her meds. Or maybe will get distracted by some shiny bauble, miss an important signal and become roadkill? Or will find someone else upon whom to shower his/her special attentions?

See? I can hope. Yes I can!

And so it goes.

4 comments:

amber ladeira said...

Dear Watcher:

--What the hell?? I swear, any minute now I'll swear off FB; as it IS, I put stuff on my homepage which
is of only modest import to those
called my facebook "friends",
which I've limited to just 25 souls.

I am SO TIRED and contemptuous of
people doing nasty things, period,
much less under cowardly cloaked
anonymity. THAT caused me to set up my blog back in 2009, different community, different folks under attack, same scenario.

Take heart in two realities: (1) People who know you won't be swayed against you; (2) In a way,
you might consider feeling amused,
as your words obviously have had more power than you knew.

Please come over to my blog, only Cletis is commenting!

Best to you and yours,
A.
P.S.: What's a "meat-world interest"?

amber ladeira said...

Coincidentally also amusing:

You use injection blow molding in your post today. In the early '80s
I worked for Cahners Publishing
(industry trade journals). One of the
titles was Package Engineering, many of the articles covering, yes, you guessed it, injection blow molding! (All of which I found fascinating.)

Have a good day, tomorrow we ARE
promised Sunshine locally. --A.

Cletis said...

Love Gerry Rafferty. Baker Street kills me to this day.

Cletis said...

Light Moment: (Background note: People all over the coal camp at this time were having insulation blown into their homes by contractors working the area.)

In the 70's, I was visiting my family in Harlan County, Ky. Nice scene. Dad brother and me watching the baseball game. Mom reading. Phone rings. Dad answers. "Hello?" Long pause. Longer pause. Dad turns a bit pale. We notice. Dad hangs up. "Joshua, what's wrong," Mom asks, "you look a mite washed out." Stunned Dad. "This guy wanted to know if I wanted a blow job." Sheltered mother married at fourteen. "God no, Joshusa, we don't need that. We've already had the house insulated."