Thursday, March 25, 2010

Circular Firing Squads -OR- Unpalatable

Hi there Speedo. Find yourself sittin' on the train tracks? Night after night; day after day? Lookin' to hop a train to nowhere? Well then, you're in luck. The train tracks you're sittin' on are, in reality, contained within another train that's already en route to your destination. All aboard...

Macro to micro it's another day older and the hits just keep on coming. Infinite improbability demands that you make the best of it, or at minimum something of it. Therein lies your choice. Rather than getting wrapped up, caught up, chewed up, just be up. They've upped your standards, but you can choose not to play. Sure, they are coming to get you using snag hooks and drag nets, but it isn't you they're after, only your proxy.

Agree or disagree, it's your right. It's also where your rights effectively end. Amid the screechingly keened wailings of "they oughtas, we oughtas and you oughtas", there exists your very own personal GONNA. Hold out for it. Think of it as your stash. Your nest egg. If you bring it out now, they're gonna grab it and break it for an unpalatable omelet.

I looked for the man singin' his own song. Not sure if he has performed it in years.
Had to settle for this guy. He doesn't sell it as I would like, but the bones are there.



Quiet Man
©John Prine

Strolling down the highway with my shoes in my hand
I don't talk much I'm a quiet man
Beauty and silence both run deep
And they're running like crazy while you are asleep

You got news for me, I got nothing for you
Don't pin your blues on me
Just go ahead and do whatever you wish to

Last Monday night I saw a fight
Between Wednesday and Thursday over Saturday night
Tuesday asked me what was going on I said,
"Sunday's in the meadow and Friday's in the corn."

You got news for me, I got nothing for you
Don't pin your blues on me
Just go ahead and do whatever you wish to


Hocus-pocus, Maladjusted
Don't you think my tears get rusted
Steady losing means you ain't using
What you really think is right

You got news for me, I got nothing for you
Don't pin your blues on me
Just go ahead and do whatever you wish to


Oodles of light what a beautiful sight
Both of God's eyes are shining tonight
Rays and beams of incredible dreams
And I am a quiet man.

No comments: