Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wakethefuckups UP -OR- I am their leader, which way do I go?

mild cognitive impairment

"Cook County Board President wanted to borrow money to cover a shortfall his administration most recently projected at $84 million. But opposition commissioners said that between last year's county sales tax increase and expected money from the federal stimulus package, no borrowing was needed."

Just one example of unneeded, unnecessary spending in a multi-billion $$$$ enterprise masquerading as governance. Spending money they don't have on things they don't need because they still have the power to do so even if they lack the common sense of an earthworm.

"MCI" is nothing new.

"You look up and down the bench and you have to say to yourself, 'Can't anybody here play this game?'" - Casey Stengel

Sure Casey, but you were trying to play BASEBALL and the bench you were looking at that day didn't have Mickey, Roger, Yogi and Whitey. Instead, you had Choo-choo, Hobie, Popeye and a 17 year-old Ed Kranepool.

It's what happens when you KNOW how the game is supposed to be played and have to reconcile that with what is going on in the field of play.

Casey was a funny guy. His wit and wisdom seems appropriate these days.
"Been in this game one-hundred years, but I see new ways to lose 'em I never knew existed before."

As I witness the major and minor leagues of politics miss the cut-off man, drop routine pop flies, add slop to two-hop grounders, miss signs, miss a base, taking strike three with the bat on their shoulder my cognitive impairment exceeds mild.

"You say you're unhappy?
You blame it on me?
I can't make you happy.
You won't listen to me."

No comments: