Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What's all this stuff about Soviet Jewelry? -OR- Late as usual


Blogging Dies... Again

Adco Radiator, Peckat Buick, Warehouse Club... resume builders?
Having read the writing on the wall, I parted company with these companies over my career. None were seaworthy toward the end, all became empty shells, wrecks on the shoals of economic reality. After long self-therapy I came to realize I was not at fault.

I will not accept blame for blogging's demise either. It's just another OHTM (only happens to ME) moment. It's certainly not the first time I've been relegated to a fringe. Living in opposite world, that comes with the ticket stub. No rain-checks.

Do recurrent proclamations of recent or pending demise really garner attention anymore? Was I just late to the blogging party or early for its nostalgia phase?
I've asked before if anyone else remembers the RIME network, Compuserve SIGs or local dial-up BBSs? Grumble, grumble...

Uphill! Both ways!

I've been beebling here for less than a year. I find it liberating to type fuggem when fuggem needs typing. I regret my life won't be long enough to visit ALL the bloggers who are my kindred. I'm thankful for the handful and to the handful to which they point and for the tangents that naturally blast off from there into other realms. These words are just the starting line for today's journey. Everybody starts somewhere. I start to the left and just let it go from there. By day's end (or real/arbitrary, artificial time limits) I will have learned something, smiled, grunted agreement, been awed and insulted. Who in this version of reality could ask for more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your posts since last time I dropped in. My bad, I was away too long.

THIS one caught my eye and heart.

Nicely crafted, hoss.

Yer buddy Deep Green is a treasure, thanks for bringing him back for 'Suggestion Box' post, that was lovely!

Thanks for the beeble.

Don't ever stop.

Drop in if ya have time at relaxedpolitics.com and say howdy to Tex Betsy, CTuttle, and a few others from FDL, TRex and Mock, Paper, Scissors.

Say howdy, blogwhore a bit and tell them Larue told ya to, I don't think Tex Betsy would mind . . . I'm posting there at times, but my point for you to shake and howdy is cuz I think they'd like knowing about YOU.

Yer stuffs too good for people to not know about, and I see you have Mock, Paper N Scisors on yer roll anyways.

Hope to see ya over there . . . and I hope some traffic drops by here . . . I gotta go kick Tanbark's butt and ask why he ain't dropped in here lately to pay his respects.

He's been booted offa all the OTHER hi class spots. *G* Something about his shrill for Hil . . *G*