Thursday, December 25, 2008

Last Night I Had A Dream- OR- The Dream is over



Whaddaya expect ME to do about it? Sure, I tell them that black ain't white and up ain't down and taxes aren't evil. They just laugh at me. I mention that there's a huge difference between legal and ethical. Especially when you get to write the laws. Then like my fellow Amurcans, I shrug emphatically, wish a pox upon them all and to all a good night. For longer than half of my life I've joined the calls for transparency in government. Now I'm thinking we should have been MUCH more specific. All in all, things are pretty transparent right now. They know they're lying and so do we. We knew they were pretending to be in charge, we let them because if they were over there pretending, they weren't here messing with us.

I'd dearly love to adopt and carry on my father's political philosophy, "Son, you pay taxes so they'll leave you alone". It was logically sound. It was simple. It worked for him. He went and fought in WWII for the exact same reason. "If I do this, THEN you'll leave me alone? Cool, let's get this over with."

I know exactly what he'd say if he were around to witness our current transition.
"If I do THIS? THEN you'll leave me alone? Cool, let's get this over with."

To him, government would not dare to bite the hand that feeds it. The upside of this being my 35th Christmas without a father is that he wasn't around to see what his laizzes-faire approach has wrought. But he still wouldn't complain. They do what they do. That's a given.

Then again, he didn't have to fit this visage into his calculations.


Nope, that's for me and MY dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, we had him first out here in CA.

N Nixon was our senator at one time, sticking his tongue up McCarthy's ass.

You think YOU got problems . . . hella pic, hoss.

Hope Holidaze been good for you and yours.