Saturday, December 13, 2008

27.37%? Really?!? -OR- What happened? You miss the memo?

27.37% of Rawrahs visitors arrive here using Internet Explorer. I appreciate you stopping by, truly I do. I wish I could do something for you. So in the spirit of the holidays, hie you over to one of the following sites:

Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome
Opera Web Browser
Apple Safari
links for A whole bunch of others

I could be way off base here. The 27.37% might be super-duper propeller heads who scoff at binary dangers. Maybe they just got lost and wandered in? But as the guy who frequently gets called when computers stop acting reliably, from friends and friends of friends and even a nice old woman who got my number from the lady at the deli counter at the local grocer, I'm here to tell you that IE is evil.

80% of PC owners still use it. WOW! How can THIS be, yet Detroit can't sell their buggy buggies? Why wasn't the Pinto good enough? So what if it exploded in rear-end collisions?
What's that? Inferior products give way to superior ones? Okay Sparky, let's look at the opening sentence of this paragraph again. rephrased: 80% of PC users click on IE to surf the web.

That just defies explanation.

1 comment:

Phil said...

The day I found FireFox was the last day I used internet Explorer.
I even went so far as to delete a great deal of it.

I am no computer buff by any stretch of the imagination but I can certainly recognize a superior product.

My tech buddy at work has been playing with computers since the eighties and refuses to try FF because he doesn't know anything about it.

Go figure.

Sometimes ya just have to do it.